photo tabbreaker.jpg

Friday, April 1, 2011

In Loving Memory of Grandma Bohn



"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse...there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills. Thus, happiness is a gift...and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes...and to add to other people's store of it. What happens if, too early we lose a parent...that party on whom we rely or only everything? What did these people do when their families shrank? They cried their tears, but then they did the vital thing; they build a new family, person by person. They came to see that family need not be defined merely as those with whom they share blood, but as those for whom they would give their blood."- Nicholas Nickleby

I just recently watched this movie and found the end quote very appropriate for this week. Last week we found out that my Grandma Bohn had cancer and produced a large mass in her chest. The plan was to surgically remove it last Friday, however, when they went in they found that the mass was a lot bigger than they anticipated and couldn't perform the surgery. Our family all gathered in St. George over the weekend to be with her as she spend her final days here on earth. She peacefully passed away early this morning.

To my Grandma Bohn, who I will always remember spending my summers with having tea parties, quilting, day trips to St. George and playing cards on Tuesdays with all her friends, I will also never forget all the things she taught me. She was the perfect example of living a selfless life...to love and to serve others and from a young age I watched her love and care for those around her and will always be grateful to her for letting me be a part of it. I am reminded of her in the quote above as she always lovingly took people in and made them a part of the family. Most of all I will never forget her beaming eyes and beautiful smile. You're my inspiration Grandma and you will be greatly missed. I love you!

Sadly, Mia will not be able to know my Grandma Bohn in this life, but in honor of my grandma and for Mia to alway remember her, Eric and I have decided name her, Mia Linda Caldwell. I hope Mia will know what a amazing woman she is named after and I feel blessed that she will have a grandma just like the one I had.

This is one of my favorite pictures with my grandma. This is Sara and I doing my grandma's hair when we were little.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet tribute to Grandma Bohn and your sweet mom!
    ~M~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...