photo tabbreaker.jpg

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Behold Your Little Ones

I got a package from my Grandma this week that was the nursery manual and an article about it from the March 2012 Ensign. I was really excited about this and wanted to share it with the rest of you!

Lately, I've been pondering and praying about how I can teach Mia about the gospel so as she grows she will be able to understand the principles and apply them into her life and know that her Heavenly Father loves her and is always there to guide her. I've also been thinking about how I can teach Mia during Family Home Evening and do it in a way the will involve her and help her learn. I don't know about you, but as a young/new parent it sometimes seems like a daunting task and sometimes I worry I won't do it right! This package was an answer to my prayers!

While reading the Ensign article, a mother talked about how her 18-month old daughter could already identify colors, animals and famous animated characters, but she didn't recognize pictures of the Savior. This got me thinking of how much young children really do pick up on and if they are learning all these other things they could also be learning simple things about the gospel. Here is a quote that really touched me while reading the Ensign article.

"Parents, look into the eyes of your young children - their minds are receptive. They are ready to learn pure and simple gospel truths. Don't wait; teach them now! Behold Your Little Ones is a valuable resource to assist you."


Even though it might be a slow process and sometime seem ineffective, I am excited to start teaching Mia from this nursery manual. One of the greatest blessing my parents ever gave me was teaching me how to rely on my Heavenly Father and understand the principles and doctrine of the gospel at an early age so I could gain a testimony of my own. Because of that I was able to cling to that through my teenage years and even now to get me through the challenging times.

Here is the link to the Ensign article, which also tells you how you can order Behold Your Little Ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...