photo tabbreaker.jpg

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Some Big Changes

We started out last week with a big change of switching Mia to a toddler bed. She hadn't been napping for about a week and I could tell that she most likely wasn't going to return to daily naps. I have been dreading this day, especially since most kids her age are still napping, but there really isn't much else to do then suck it up and move on with life. I figured there would still be days where she would need a nap rather then playing in her room so that is why I started thinking about moving her to a toddler bed so when she didn't want to nap she could play in her room for a couple hours (giving me a little break) or climb in her bed and take a nap if she was tired. After doing a little research and asking for advice, most experiences I heard of with parents switching their children over, especially so young were not pleasant ones. However, I figured now was as good as time as any with Eric being home to help out as well.

From the time Mia was a baby she has never resisted night time and has only gotten up once in the night from the time she started sleeping through the night at 5 months. Even still I went into it preparing myself for the worst. Monday morning came and I took one side off her crib and turned it into a toddler bed. Mia was so excited. She immediately climbed right in her bed and pretty much stayed there the entire morning playing with her toys in her bed and laying down. That day she took her first nap in over a week and when night time came after doing our usual night-time routine she got right in her bed and went to sleep. My biggest fear out of all of this was her falling out of bed since she is such a crazy sleeper so I was expecting to be woken up in the night to crying after she had fallen out. Much to my surprise I didn't hear her until 8:30 the next morning which is around the normal time for getting up. The first night....a success! The rest of the week was also a success minus the naps. I'm soaking up this easy transition since I know potty-training (which I'm an not even considering yet) will be much more of a nightmare.


My plan is to switch Mia over to a twin bed when Livy is born so she can have the crib; giving me yet another project to accomplish since I found this cute platform bed I want to build for Mia.


Oh and here is a funny story from this week's transition. One night Eric peeked in on Mia and found her sleeping on the ground over by her changing table. She hadn't woken up at all from falling out of bed. He put her back in bed and checked on her a littler later and found her still asleep kneeling by her bed. We had to laugh at how she managed to sleep through all of that.

Eric luckily captured this for me and all of you to see :)
The next big change came near the end of the week. Since learning about Eric's new project and still waiting to hear more concerning that one as well as another one he will be put on we ceased looking at houses, a process we had started a little before Christmas. As we looked I just kept feeling like the timing wasn't right and now I know why considering that we could be moving out of state for awhile. So since we were no longer feeling the pressure to quickly save up a good down payment on a house we decided to trade in our Ford Freestyle and put some of it towards a new (used) more reliable car.

We started casually looking online at different cars we both liked at a price point we liked as well. Eric knew that I have always wanted a Jeep and he was good enough to indulge my want and look more at those cars. I really liked the new Jeep Grand Cherokees but we didn't really need something that big yet, especially for the price so we started looking at a scaled down model of the Cherokee which is the Jeep Compass. One morning we decided to be spontaneous and go test drive some cars. Long story short, that day we happened upon a 2011 Jeep Compass for a really great price and going along with my sudden spark of spontaneous behavior we went back the next day and bought the car!! Although the Freestyle served us well for the last 2 years, it's nice to have something more reliable and new to us.

I'm too lazy to go outside and take a picture so you get one I snagged online :)

1 comment:

  1. YAY for new cars!! that's so fun! and Mia being in a big girl bed is super cute. Don't you hate the feeling that they are growing up so stinkin' fast?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...