photo tabbreaker.jpg

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Things I've Learn From Being Married

Today marks our four year anniversary. Four years is hardly that long at all, but I feel like in just these few years we have been through a lot and I have learned so much. Here are some of those things...


1. To get married and then "live happily ever after" takes hard work and effort! The first year Eric and I were married was the hardest year of our marriage. We were still learning a lot about each other and how to make our marriage work. Over time we were able to get in a groove and pull together our strengthens and weaknesses to work together. However, even now our marriage is still something we are always working on to strengthen and keep strong so we can continue to live happily ever after.

2. I married my best friend and didn't even know it. When I married Eric I was totally in love with him like a silly school girl, but I don't know if at the time I considered him my best friend. After all we had only known each other for about a year and only actually dated for about 6 months of that year. Since then Eric has been there to help me through every challenge and heart ache I've had to face, helped and supported me through every accomplishment, knows what terrifies me (even if some of those things he can't help but laugh at) and what makes me happy. Basically he's the only one who knows me inside and out and will always be there for me.

3. The love just continues to grow with time and the experiences shared. As I mentioned before I thought I really loved Eric the day we got married, but it's nothing compared to the love I have for him now. I remember how much my love for Eric grew while seeing each of our girls for the first time in Eric's arms and thinking how they looked just like him. My love and appreciation grew even more after working hard and supporting each other through school and watching Eric graduate from BYU from the stands in the Marriot Center. And so on through all our moves and achievements and even after loosing our twins. It's crazy to think it will just continue to grow as our lives unfold.


Although we've had our fair share of arguments, I have never regretted my decision to marry this amazing husband of mine! It has been a wonderful and life changing 4 years and I hope it continues that way for years to come!

4 comments:

  1. This is too cute! Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often say the same thing about our marriage, the best decision I've ever made :) Happy Anniversary! You are such a cute couple and now have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. Happy anniversary! See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! You should check your email for an anniversary gift from us. Thanks for joining the Friends of Pfister community!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...