photo tabbreaker.jpg

Monday, October 14, 2013

Trippin' to Oregon

So Oregon...I loved it! This trip won't have been possible without a free flight and babysitter all provided by my much loved husband. Everyone asked is Eric was nervous, but this wasn't his first time with the girls alone plus I knew they were in great hands!

My mom and I left for Oregon on a Wednesday afternoon and got to stay until Sunday. We joked that after spending the 3 days exploring we needed another day or two to hang out at the house and do some projects. As always we had way more planned that we were able to accomplish, but regardless I think we made the most of our trip! My favorite things included

1. Getting to see my sister and her cute family!


2. Taking the MAX into Portland and doing what girls do best...shop! My favorite place was our 3 hours spent at Powell's Bookstore, which is the largest new and used bookstore in the world. We would have spent longer in there expect we were buying too many books and didn't want to carry them all around Portland with us. We also had lunch at a huge block full of food carts. There were so many things to choose from and it all looked so good!



We also stopped at Voodoo Doughnuts that has been features on a couple food network TV shows. Mmmmm :)



3. Our sunny day at the coast. We were expecting a chilly day, but it couldn't have turned out more perfect. While at the coast we stopped at a lighthouse and had lunch at a restaurant looking out on the beach.







4. Tillmock Cheese Factory. If you want amazing ice cream in 30+ flavors in a delicious waffle cone then this is the place to go! SO so good! They also have a Tillmock smoke house up the street where you can buy really good jerky too. (This is where I got Eric's "thank you" gift for watching the girls and letting me have a little break.)

Sorry no pictures of this. We were too busy eating ice cream :)

5. Lastly, being able to go on this trip with my Mom. Usually she's the one watching our kids so Eric and I can go on trips so this will be something I got to share with her that I will always treasure!



Even coming back home and getting sick and Livy not sleeping well I didn't mind at all! It's amazing what a little break can do with helping you be a more patient and better mom! I can't wait to go back for Thanksgiving with Eric and the girls!

2 comments:

  1. So fun! I am glad you got to go. What a great trip! I loved the Tillamook Cheese factory too. Yummy free samples....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh this looks like a blast! I love the Oregon coast! -S

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...